2.11.2008


Remember cootie catchers?

I made this one for a swap on swap-bot.com.

The background design is a fabulous medallion stamp from Holly Berry House stamped in bleach on black paper. Then I took color into the design using a variety of pigment stamps, blending as I went. Finally, I stenciled the numerals lightly using Golden Titan Buff liquid acrylic paint.


I used the same technique with this fabulous little winged heart stamp for the flaps on the interior. Under each flap, I wrote two "fortunes" that are really words of encouragement like "Follow your bliss" or "Trust your instincts."

I hope my swap partner likes it. I had a lot of fun making it and may make a few more now that I remember how.

4 comments:

MizCarla said...

Your cootie catchers are BEAUTIFUL! I was trying to remember how to make one of these not too long ago for my daughter.

xoxs

Anonymous said...

These are truly wonderful, Lilly!

barbe said...

those are the BEST cootie catchers on earth!!! Love that stamp you used, I never seem to find any good decorative stamps like that here. They are all figurative.

Chris said...

This is so cool! I'm enjoying reading through your blog. Thank you for following me. I didn't know you had a blog!

I haven't started a google reader thing yet, but I will definitely be following your antics.

I loved the cootie catcher you sent to me and the little papers. Thanks for that thoughtful inclusion with the pages.