5.17.2007

This week's Inspire Me Thursday prompt is "circles."

Almost immediately, I got this image in my head and sketched it out a couple of times in my journal before I decided to use chalk on red rosin paper.

I made the circles, outlined them with a black Sharpie, then decided I wanted a higher contrast and some dimension to the piece. So I cut out the circle things, arranged them a little differently than the original composition, and adhered them to a piece of scrap watercolor paper with 3D adhesive dots.

I call it "Blue Moon."

10 comments:

carra said...

This is awesome! I love the colours.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I like your description of how you did this and the finished product is great, very stylish.

Heartful said...

I really like this, especially the way the circles stand out against the white.

Anonymous said...

The colours are wonderful. And I like the compositon. It kind of looks like two snowmen from behind (the smaller one holding a baby) and they're looking up at the sun.

Zhenia said...

The colours and the composition are great. Wonderful!

Julia said...

Great composition !! I love it !!the texture too!!

Anonymous said...

I really like the way your colors work together. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

I really like your use of chalk in this. The chalk along with the paper used brings some primitive simplicity to the piece.

Fun!

:-)

Unknown said...

this is a fabulous piece!!!

laurel said...

I love it! The colors are gorgeous and love the arrangement of the circles. I've been wanting to do something with circles but haven't gotten up the nerve yet.