5.15.2007

This is an ancestor nicho I made a while back. It features my mother's high school graduation photo. She was born on 5/15/1922 and gave birth to me 38 years later on 5/15/1960.

That makes me 47 today, and my mom would have been 85. Every year on our birthday, the first thing either of us thought to do was wish the other a happy birthday.

"Happy birthday, Mom," I would say to her.

"Happy birthday, Baby," she would reply.

She passed away on December 17, 2003. Since then, I've had a rough time celebrating my birthday. Still, today, I took the day off from work, spent time with my sweetie, and made art. I enjoyed the day in my own way, and I only cried a little.

I miss you, Mom. Happy birthday.

1 comment:

:: creative brand strategies :: demand generation :: said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your mom's memory.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion. - Truvy, Steel Magnolias