5.29.2006

Inspire Me Thursday Challenge: Word Art

I spent the weekend starting and stopping a number of "serious" attempts at this week's challenge. I kept getting tangled up in the metaphorical and conotative connections between words and the things and ideas they represent. Finally, I got a little silly with this challenge and played like a kid with my gel pens. I am reminded of one of my favorite lines from an episode of the television series Northern Exposure: "Words are a heavy thing . . . they weigh you down. If birds talked, they couldn't fly."

5 comments:

Radha a.k.a Ratlion said...

Hey! Nice take on the topic...it may have happened in a moment of 'silliness' :D but it really works!

Dorothee said...

that's lovely. and it works even better because it is both playful and serious.

smile. now i feel like searching for those crayons i had as a child.

Hashi said...

What fun!

Ellen said...

Isn't that just the way....when you let go of the seriousness something wonderful and magical happens.

Love Northern Exposure, and this quote is just perfect!

Alexiev said...

I love your work... Me encanta la técnica y la imagen... esta buenisima... por otro lado lo otro es un Collage?

Muy bueno... its cool...

best regards...